Saturday, September 19, 2020

All Girl Challenge - Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon - Part 4: The Boss Unit is a General, Again?

 Lefcandith - fortress that has the Whitewings

Chapter 7

Marth departs for Archanea. His team must pass through the fortress Lefcandith. It houses the fearsome Whitewings, and their leader Minerva.


When I checked the map, they are indeed there, but they won't engage you in combat. The other dracoknights WILL engage, so I have to be careful in engaging them, considering that they can come in any direction.


At the start of the turn, I had Julian open the gate nearby, and have Athena and Caeda finish off the archers. I had the mistake of going to the village immediately and recruited Bantu. A unit placement mistake got him beaten by a dracoknight, and I have to restart the chapter. For those wondering, I can't let Bantu die yet, as I need him to recruit someone in the future chapter.



I defeated the flying units that approached real quick, and waited for Minerva to leave. I recruited Bantu in the process.

After they left, it looks like there are only a few enemies, right? WRONG! Say hello to continuous reinforcements.


Trying to get these generic units beaten up is now beginning to be a chore, as they now start with high stats. I think it's affected by the stats of the current team. Well, they make useful bait.

After a few more turns of clearing these enemies, we now engage the general, Harmein.


The enemy really loves using General as the boss unit for this game. Harmein is tough, obviously, as I don't have magic units at the moment. I gave Armorslayer to Athena so she can deal good damage, and she also needs the experience points for defeating Harmein.


After the battle, we talk about Manaketes, and Medeus. Malledus tells Marth about Falchion and how important that he lives to wield it. Now a new mission adds to Marth's journey.


Chapter 8

To continue the journey, Marth's team rests in Port Warren. Enemy forces await him, so he must get on board and escape his pursuers.

Caeda already reached Level 20 at this point, so I decided to change her into a Cleric, so she can heal units without messing with her growths. I made Lena into a mage, so she can have better Mag growth.


This chapter also has a lot of knights, so having Lena as a mage helps. She also doubles all units except for the horsemen units.
 
 
Caesar and Radd joins the team, and happily hands over their weapons. The shops nearby sell some good stuff, namely a Rapier and a Wing Spear.

Imagine having a fun chat with the enemy.
 
The battle would've been easy, if not for the insane amount of reinforcements popping out. In the middle of the chaos, Caeda still finds time to chat with an enemy unit, and recruit him in the process.

I think the point of this chapter is to escape quickly before getting overrun, but here I am, always thinking of training my team. Just take a look at this army trying to cross the bridge.


I had the mistake of ending turn with Athena in the front line. She doubled and ORKO'ed every cavalier until she lost all her HP. I have to start over with my map save, and did rotations with the unarmed knight unit, carefully wiping out the army.


We now engage the single boss unit with no army with him. Easy win, as I can just use Lena to wear down Kannival, low enough for Athena's Armorslayer to finish him off.


Seriously now, how many chapters have I been fighting Generals? This is getting pretty old already. I'm going to need a dedicated mage if this keeps up. I can't even remember how much more generals I'll be fighting.

The chapter ends with the army fleeing to a place called Pyrathi, as they are being pursued by the enemy's massive army.


Chapter 9


Marth's army arrives at Pyrathi. Mannu, the king, does not seem too friendly, and attacks the Archanean League for trespassing maybe.


This is going to be a bit of a problem. The generic units that joined in are already in the second class, which means it would take longer to have them wiped out.

I changed Caeda back to Pegasus Knight, and Lena to Cleric, and she is level 20 already at this point.


The chapter is straightforward. I just need Caeda to fly to the east, to stop the thief from pillaging the village, and stopping the thief at the southeast of the map from escaping with the Wyrmslayer.


Marth recruits Jeorge from the village, and Jeorge mentions about using his Silver Bow to finish off the enemies. Did someone say free Silver Bow? Hold on, I still do not have my dedicated archer.

The boss is a pushover. Mannu is weaker than the generals I've fought on the previous chapters. Why, you ask? Mannu was defeated by a measly Iron Sword. I've fought him with Marth, as he is the only one in the team who can still get experience points.



I can't wait to recruit Tiki, and show him what a Manakete should really be doing.

Here are their stats at the end of the chapter:



Still hoping that the Master Seals would come real soon.

 
At the end of the chapter, Catria arrives bringing a message from Minerva. Minerva is asking for Marth's help to rebel against Dolhr, but rescuing her sister Maria comes first, as she was held hostage.

That means, I'll be recruiting more ladies next chapter! More units that can clear out mobs.

This concludes Part 4 of the challenge. See you in Part 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment