Wednesday, September 16, 2020

All-Girl Challenge - Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon - Part 3: Three-Unit Team Liberates a Castle.

 Hello readers! Welcome to Part 3 of All-Girl Challenge - Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
 
Chapter 5 

Marth arrives at Aurelis Castle. We see a large army invading Aurelis. Hardin and his soldiers are awaiting at a fort south of the castle, waiting for a chance to strike. Upon the sight of Marth's army, he orders his team to strike back, I mean, to hand over their weapons to the convoy.

Marth, aren't you trusting too much? "They seem honest enough". Really? I have to see these exact lines every chapter!


This is one of the missions where I'm already feeling that a small army can be difficult. Two separate armies, and two fighters. Clearing the army is no problem, but protecting Lena is the problem. I'm considering changing Lena into a mage, so she can also fight, and level up quicker.

Two thieves are coming to the village to the north, so I used one of the generic units to block off the entrance. Caeda swaps places to block on the next turn, as it is dangerous when the unit falls and the other thief breaks in the village.


Wendell is a trouble, as he wields Thunder, and doubles my tributes, so I had Marth recruit him immediately given the chance. What's funny is that the generic troops also has better stats, so they don't get doubled.

The bridge to the west has to be blocked also. I used the generic units also, then Marth took over, as he can take hits better, and because of the archers.


After clearing the enemies, Marth visits the village. Coast is clear? No! Say hello to enemy reinforcements. Good thing Caeda can use the Javelin to counter attack the ranged attacks of the Pegasus Knights. Marth can block the enemy path of the cavaliers and knights to protect Lena, while she heals.


After clearing the enemy reinforcements, Hardin's path is now clear, to give his equipment to the convoy. I would offer the other units to die to the boss, but Merach is using a droppable Silver Lance, so I decided to just let them die on the next chapter. Can't let the Silver Lance be wasted.


I just let Caeda attack head on to the enemy with the Wing Spear. I have to save the uses of the Wing Spear. I guess I'll just be using this to the boss enemies.

Easy win. Now to offer the tributes on the next chapter.


Chapter 6

Marth now tries to liberate Aurelis Castle from Macedon invasion.
 

Remember when I said I'll consider changing Lena into a mage? I take that back. There are no healing spots, and my Vulnerary supply is limited. She's still going to be a healer.

There are a lot of knights and archers, so rushing in will not be a good strategy. Instead, we have to go slow, but not too slow, as there are thieves who will escape with the treasures. Going after the thief who swipes Killing Edge at the upper right will be hard if I try to break through the units going north. I decided to use the Warp staff so Caeda can intercept with thieves trying to escape. Marth joins the generic units to try stopping the enemy swarm.


This chapter is trouble for Lena, so I have to try to block every enemy that will go after her, especially that one of the cavalier units has Silver Lance. In the middle of the confusion, we recruit another thief unit, who will now donate his weapon to the convoy charity.
 

 Sadly for Rickard, he falls to the cavalier that has the Silver Lance.


Silver Lance cavalier is scary, that I have to resort to ranged attacks to finish it off. Luckily, Caeda also performed a critical hit.

After clearing most of the enemy units, we now approach the throne room, occupied by a general named Emereus.


Emereus is so tough, being a general. I could use a mage and cheese this battle, but I do not have a mage. I have to use a Silver Lance (7 x2 damage)  so I can bring down his HP fast, as he also hits hard with his own Silver Lance. I could cheese this and use Wing Spear instead, but I now have to preserve its uses. I had Marth finish him off with Rapier. I could use Armorslayer, but the hit rate is low.

We freed the castle! Nyna gives the Fire Emblem to Marth to aid him on his journey.



"Seriously, what kind of power is that?"
"Now now, that's the first game, so let's just leave it like that."


Chapter 6x

Our first Gaiden chapter. This is fulfilled by having 15 or less units in the roster.

Marth receives a report of pirate invasion in a nearby village. He comes to the rescue immediately. More pirates? How many more pirate related chapters are we going to have?


Chapter is pretty straightforward, and easy, as my team is over-leveled. In the village to the northwest, we recuit Athena, a myrmidon unit. Finally, I now have my fourth unit for this challenge. One additional unit can make a huge difference in clearing enemy mobs.
 
 
Since Marth and Caeda are nearing Level 20, I had Athena finish off the rest of the enemies after her recruitment.
 
 
We have a pirate for the boss, and he wields a Steel Axe, something that you wouldn't want to swing to a myrmidon. Steel Axe is already heavy, and has the weapon triangle disadvantage. Good luck with hitting Athena. 


Athena did not even receive damage after all those turns of hitting Bathys.


Hooray, we rescued the people taken hostage by the pirates. This concludes Part 3. The next chapters are now going to be more interesting, as I'll be recruiting more units one by one.




Here are my unit stats at the end of Chapter 6x. I hope I can get Master Seals soon, so I can start promoting Caeda once she reaches Level 20.


No comments:

Post a Comment