Monday, January 18, 2016

The Harem Files - My Lady of Choice in Fire Emblem: Awakening

For the game Fire Emblem: Awakening, marriage before the epilogue is now possible, unlike the previous games where marriage occurs in the ending. Marriage would also result in having children, or should I say, recruiting children from the future.

In the previous posts I have talked about every lady in the game, which the avatar can marry, and Morgan can have as a mother. In this post I will reveal who my lady of choice is from the game.

Many players have the surprise factor of marriage upon playing the game the first time. Not knowing about the marriage system, they get accidentally married to a lady. Unfortunately, I did not experience that surprise. Why? I started the game as a female character, not knowing there is a marriage system, and I regretted it big time.

Would I have started as a male Robin, I would have accidentally married Sumia or Cordelia, because pegasus knights are my favorite class in the previous games. Since I started as a female Robin, and thinking the protagonists are the most important in the team, I paired up Chrom and Robin everytime, resulting in marriage early in the game.

Finally, my lady of choice is:



Nowi the Manakete

I'm really fond of Manaketes, because they can turn into dragons. I'm really fond of characters with special abilities, and Manaketes do fill the spot. You might suggest Panne the Taguel for special abilities, but I do not find Panne attractive in any way; no offense to Panne lovers.

My choices are Nowi, Tiki, and Nah, so why did I choose Nowi?

I chose Nowi from the three Manaketes because for me, she is the most adorable. She may have a childish personality, but that is what made me like her the most, and that's what makes her cute. Isn't she the cutest?

Nah might also be my choice, but marrying a child character is really awkward. Imagine, your expected wife will be born in a few years, and wait for a lot of years before you can finally marry. Worse, what if the future self likes you, but not the one in the present? I think you get the point.

My Fire Emblem: Awakening family consists of Nowi as the wife, with Nah and Morgan as the daughters. Seeing the Manakete sisters in action made me enjoy the game more.

I think I forgot to mention, when Robin marries Nowi, Manakete blood will be passed down to Morgan, making her a Manakete as well.

I told my lady of choice for this game. Now tell me, who is your lady of choice in Fire Emblem: Awakening?

No comments:

Post a Comment