Friday, October 30, 2015

All Girl Challenge - Fire Emblem - New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow - Prologue

An All-Girl Challenge for another Fire Emblem game, and this time, I will tackle one of the hardest games in the series. Fire Emblem 12, a.k.a. New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow is the sequel of Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon. The story of Marth continues after defeating Medeus the Shadow Dragon.

The game never got released outside Japan, so I'm playing a patched version of the game. I've finished the game once, and I can tell that this game is one hard game. The preparation I made is considering the needed characters for the challenge, especially for the final chapter.

This is the difficulty I selected when I first played the game, and I'm selecting the same difficulty for this playthrough. You might think that the game could be easy because it's difficulty 2 of 4. Trust me, it's not.
I'm picking classic mode, to preserve what Fire Emblem is made to be, having the permanent death.

There would be some rules for the challenge.
  • Females ONLY (with the exception of Marth).
  • Forced deployed units are allowed to help the unit until the end of the chapter.
  • Since there are no female thieves, thieves are alllowed, but only on levels where they are needed.
  • The required units for recruiting of others, are allowed. (Julian to Matthis, can't remember if there are other ones)
  • The lack of healers is not an exception.

My avatar is a female, since it is an all girl challenge. Her name is taken from the Japanese name of the protagonist of Final Fantasy VI. She has no ponytail because I just imagined her being in this game after the events of FFVI, where she removes her ponytail.

From the survey for character creation, these are my answers:
  • Merchant's Child (Luck +2; Resistance +2; Luck +5%)
  • Beauty (Skill +1; Speed +1; Skill +10%; Speed +10%)
  • Recluse (Strength +15%; Magic +15%)
My starting class is a myrmidon, for some reasons. At least there is a reclass system to help me max out the stats as much as possible.

Say hello to the 4-unit team for the final chapter of the prologue:


I chose her as a myrmidon for the speed, but it seems speed won't be helping much in the prologue chapters. I let Tina do most of the work of finishing off enemies so she can level up fast enough.

One sentence. My unit is already way better than him.

Caeda gave me a hard time on the chapter where Jeorge is the boss unit. One hit and she's down. She's one of the best units for mage busters, but still not so good because of her low strength early in the game.

Cecille joins late in the prologue, and she's only level 3. Keeping her alive is one hard job to do, because of the small number of units. She disappointed me on my first playthrough because of her low HP. I hope she will be better for this challenge.


Too strong for Katarina / Eine
Going through the training chapters is very hard, especially when only one unit is doing all the killing. I wouldn't want to be wasting those precious exp points, so I'm giving them all to the females. Upon reaching Katarina's assault, it wasn't too hard because of my unit.


No comments:

Post a Comment